14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
Acrylics. A lot of the novelty yarns.
15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?
Aran, fair isle.
16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
17. What are you knitting right now?
My list of ongoing projects: A couple angora/wool sweaters, a Rowan Denim tank, a fair isle pillow, a Colinette throw, a couple cable scarves.
18. What do you think about ponchos?
Got one, that’s enough!
19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?
20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
Ebony, rosewood, bamboo, Addi’s
21. Are you a sock knitter?
22. How did you learn to knit?
From a neighbor when I was a kid; since then self-taught.
23. How old is your oldest UFO?
Knitting? Since I frogged the 10yr+ old boyfriend sweater? About 7 months.
24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird?
Sea otters, other sea life, wild cats.
25. What is your favorite holiday?
Not religious but I’d say Christmas, since we all get together.
26. Is there anything that you collect?
Art Deco Czech and Bavarian lusterware — solid (not floral) peach, blue, lavender. I’ll post a pic of my collection.
27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
IK — don’t care for the others generally on the newstand, but I do get Szabo’s newsletter, and would be interested in Strands.
28. Any books out there you are dying to get your hands on?
Gads — Starmore’s Pacific Coast Highway, Stillwater or In the Hebrides — if you see them at a libary sale cheap GRAB THEM! (I’ll buy them off you, I don’t expect those as a gift!) Also on my list Gibson-Robert’s revised Knitting in the Old Way.