I’m participating in Secret Pal Six; here’s the survey.
1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you? Unapologetically, definitely a yarn snob — primarily natural fibers. Oh yeah, natural dyes are nifty.
2. Do you spin? Crochet? Neither at this time.
3. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.) Smoke, strong perfumes.
4. How long have you been knitting? On & off for 20+ years. God, am I really that old?
5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? Not yet.
6. What’s your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.) Vanilla
7. Do you have a sweet tooth? Yes but I’m trying to lose weight!!!
8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Stained glass, mosaics, painting, soapmaking.
9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) Ooh — pretty eclectic. A sampling of my cd collection, in no particular: Dar Williams, Morphine, The Pogues, Mazzy Star, Yo La Tengo, Luna, Cowboy Junkies, Volebeats, Belle and Sebastian….
10. What’s your favorite color? Or–do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can’t stand? Prefer more subtle colors. Hmmm…. off whites, blues, greens, blue-ish purples.
11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? Married, 4 cats, 1 dog.
12. What are your life dreams? (really stretching it here, I know) Still waiting on answering this!
13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? Wools, mohairs, wool/angora blends, cashmere blends.
14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? Acrylics. A lot of the novelty yarns.
15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s? Aran, fair isle.
16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? Sweaters.
17. What are you knitting right now? My list of ongoing projects: A couple angora/wool sweaters, a Rowan Denim tank, a fair isle pillow, a Colinette throw, a couple cable scarves.
18. What do you think about ponchos? Got one, that’s enough!
19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Circular.
20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? Ebony, rosewood, bamboo, Addi’s
21. Are you a sock knitter? Not yet.
22. How did you learn to knit? From a neighbor when I was a kid; since then self-taught.
23. How old is your oldest UFO? Knitting? Since I frogged the 10yr+ old boyfriend sweater? About 10 months.
24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird? Sea otters, other sea life, wild cats.
25. What is your favorite holiday? Not religious but I’d say Christmas, since we all get together.
26. Is there anything that you collect? Art Deco Czech and Bavarian lusterware — solid colored (not floral) blue & lavender.
27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? IK — don’t care for the others generally on the newstand, but I do get Szabo’s newsletter, and would be interested in Strands.
28. Any books out there you are dying to get your hands on? Gads — Starmore’s Scottish Garland and Scottish Collection — if you see them at a libary sale cheap GRAB THEM! (I’ll buy them off you, I don’t expect those as a gift!) Other than that: The Knitters Book of Finishing Techniques by Nancie M. Wiseman
29. Any patterns you have been coveting, but haven’t bought for one reason or another?? Not yet. Maybe Jenna’s newest, but I haven’t even started, let alone finished, Rogue!