≡ Menu

5pm PST: Nearly done and done for tonight!

6 comments… add one
  • Rosemary July 23, 2009, 5:07 pm

LOOKS AWESOME!!!

• Krissy July 24, 2009, 7:13 am

Wow. This is an amazing transformation of the yard. Your hard work has really paid off.

• Laura Nygaard August 17, 2009, 3:42 pm

I want one! Can you let me know how easy this was, if so. And where is your power coming from, that is DH’s question.

Thanks,

Laura

• StephCat August 17, 2009, 7:39 pm

A fountain? a mini-meadow? me to work in your yard? :^)

Since we had someone else take out the concrete (most of which we recycled into the front yard for edging, bird bath etc) and build the wall all we (I) had to do was plant the plants and haul buckets of DG and gravel for about 7 hrs. Or however long I was out there. Long enough for neighbors to comment how hard I was working.

Great for weight loss. Seriously. It’s a lot of hard physical work.

RE: planning it, I’d already had a bit of practice because I’d done the frontyard, and I knew where to go for help and where to get the plants. But that took a bit of time too.

I don’t feel guilty about the electricity to run the fountain — we produce more on our solar panels than we use monthly.

• Laura Nygaard August 21, 2009, 9:43 am

Sorry Steph “) I meant the fountain! But if you want to come out to OC… I have always wanted a fountain like that, but never figured out how to run the power. Actually I am trying to find a solar panel to put on our patio cover that we can then power all our patio accoutromonts (sp), fountains, lights, fridge, etc. They are hard to find!

Thanks for the response, I will check out your yard next time we are at the inlaws up the street from you!

• StephCat August 21, 2009, 10:20 am

No problem! We just have the cord from the pump plugged in to a wall outlet.

Definitely let me know when you’re in the area & want to check it out!