- All patterns are meticulously tech edited. As a tech editor myself, I clearly understand just how critical it is to have a skilled tech editor (someone other than myself!) go over my patterns.
- Most patterns have also been test knit prior to publication. This isn’t always possible for patterns that aren’t self-published, due to constraints from the publisher. Nearly all self-published patterns have been test knit, and many for the Cooperative Press books.
- Photos to include all the details you need.
- Complete list of abbreviations and definitions, including special stitches.
- Gorgeous, easy to read charts, created with professional charting programs. Line by line instructions included as possible.
- Easy to follow and easy to read pattern layout. I use professional publishing programs (InDesign and Illustrator) to create my pattern layout.
- Consistent style and layout within my pattern line.
- Complete information regarding yarn, gauge, sizing, skills required, etc.
- Schematics for all garments; schematics or diagrams as needed for accessories.
Want to learn more?