These mitts were named after one of my favorite genus of plants, Manzanita.
The cuff is knitted first. The stitches for the body of the mittens are picked up along the long edge of the cuff.
The main body is worked in simple stockinette with an offset thumb gusset formed by M1Rs and M1Ls as described in the legend.
Stitch patterns are both charted and written out line by line.
Directions are also given for fingerless mitts.
Size: Women’s S (M, L)
Finished Measurements: Palm circumference above thumb: 6.5 (7.5, 8.5)”
- Worsted weight yarn, approx 130 (155, 180) yds
- Aran weight yarn, approx 120 ( 140, 160) yds
- US4/ 3.5mm and US6/ 4.0mm needles for worsted weight, or size to obtain gauge.
- US5/ 3.75mm and US7/ 4.5mm for aran weight, or size to obtain gauge.
Your choice of Magic Loop, 2 circulars or DPNs.
- 20 sts and 32 rows = 4”/10 cm in St st with US6 needles & worsted weight yarn.
- 18 sts and 28 rows = 4”/10 cm in St st with US7 needles & aran weight yarn
Yarn needle, stitch markers, cable needle, (6) size 1/2” buttons
Knitting in the round, twisted stitches, picking up stitches