Corvids are my favorite family of birds.
Ravens, with their simple beauty and impressive intellect, are an especially rich source of mythology, including Odin’s Hugin and Munin, Thought and Memory, of Norse mythos.
They continue to inspire people today: they can be seen on postage stamps, as the mascots of football teams, and, obviously, on knitwear.
These mittens are knitted cuff up, in the round, with a hemmed cuff. They are knit with fine yarn at a very dense gauge. The resulting fabric is relatively thick.
You can work with either black as the CC or MC for the hand portion. Both are pictured.
Find them on Ravelry here.
Sizes S (M, L)
- Cuff circumference: 7 (7.5, 8.5)” /18 (19, 21.5) cm
- Palm circumference 8.75 (9.5, 11.25)” /22 (24, 28.5) cm
- Cuff length: 2.75” (7 cm)
- Body of mitt length: 7.5 (8, 9.5)” /19 (20.5, 24) cm
- yarn needle
- 3 stitchmarkers
- waste yarn or extra circular needle for provisional cast on and to hold thumb stitches
- Provisional cast on
- knitting in the round
- stranded knitting
- reading charts
For more information, see: http://tricoteuse-islande.fr/en/models/ravens-in-snow/