I wanted to do a coordinating pattern to the Ringtail hat, but with slightly different motifs.
This is a great pattern if you’re new to stranding or if you want to use up some bits ofÂ contrasting color yarn.
You have the option of simply working from the wrist cuff down, or using a provisional cast on, working the main body and top cuff of the mitt, then working the wrist cuff from the provisional cast off down so that the top and bottom cuffs match.
Womenâ€™s S (M, L)
Palm circumference: 6 (7, 8)in / 15 (18, 20.5)cm
Length: 71/4 (71/2, 71/2)in / 18 (19.5, 19.5)cm
Note: You should have enough yarn left over from the Ringtail Hat to knit these mitts, with the exception of Bone.
- Sunday Knits Angelic, 75% merino / 25% angora, (246 yds / 225m per 1.75 oz / 50g (or) 98 yds / 90m per .7 oz / 20g)
- Bone (1 skein 50g)
- Melon (20g) (actual yardage less than 5 yds / 4.5m)
- Sunday Knits Eden, 100% merino, (90m per 20g), Garnet (actual yardage less than 5 yds / 4.5m)
- Sunday Knits Nirvana, 92% merino, 8% cashmere, (90m per 20g), Espresso (actual yardage less than 5 yds / 4.5m)
US1 / 2.25mm needles or size needed to obtain gauge
32 sts and 48 rounds = 4in / 10 cm in St st and stranded St st
32 sts per 4in / 10cm in garter stitch
(3) stitch markers (1 unique for beginning of round), waste yarn (for thumb), yarn needle. Optional: Waste yarn or extra needle for provisional cast on (or) crochet hook for bind off, or crochet hook, cast on
knitting in the round, stranded knitting, following colorwork charts, cable cast on. Optional: provisional cast on (or) bind off, or crochet hook, cast on