Look what came in today’s mail! I ordered it used off Amazon.com.
It has some patterns that are familiar, but a lot are new to me.
This is the reprinted version, in German. Patterns are presented as chart only, with color pictures of the swatch/pattern adjacent. The swatches are nominally in color, but to me it looks like they’re black & white with added tints. Regardless, they show the stitch patterns quite well. The patterns are predominantly lace, with a few twisted stitch and textured patterns tossed in.
I’ve been looking for lace stitch dictionaries. I’m checking out a variety from the library tomorrow (placed them on hold online, to pick up at my closest LA Public Library branch — LOVE this feature). KnitPicks is having one of their 40% off book sales right now…I’m planning on getting whichever of the ones I like from the library that they have available (which, on quick review, isn’t many, but still).
What am I borrowing?
- First Book of Modern Lace Knitting by Marianne Kinzel
- Knitting Lace by Susanna Lewis
- The Craft of Lace Knitting by Barbara Walker
- Knitting Lace by Barbara Abbey
Here’s a list of the stitch dictionaries I do have:
- Barbara Walker 1&2
- Uberlieferte Strickmuster 1-3
- Japanese dictionaries: Knitting Patterns 250, 100 Aran Knitting Patterns, Knitting Patterns 300
- Aran Lace by Annie Maloney
- Cables: The Basics by Janet Szabo
I have some other books like Lace Knitting in Estonia that include stitch patterns as well.
I’d love to find Lisl Fanderl’s Bäuerliches Stricken 1 – 3 for a good price.
What are your favorite stitch dictionaries?