- Provisional cast-ons
- Cabling without a Cable Needle
- Corrugated Ribbing
- Lifted Increases
- Sewn Hems
- Picot Hems without a Provisional CO
- Japanese Knitting Links
- Calculating row gauge and using that for your toe (or mitten thumb or end of mitten)
- Liidia’s Two Color Cast On
- Single Color Vikkel Braids
- Two Color Vikkel Braids
Links for Designers
- Marnie’s fabulous Excel tutorials: here, here, and here
- Kristen Tendyke’s calculating yarn req’ts
- More than you probably want to know about sleeves caps: Jenna Wilson’s Knitty article
- And the calculator for sleeve caps
- Lucia the Knitting Fiend has a great selection of calculators.
- Handy top down heel flap types & numbers.
- Elizabeth Green Musselman of Dark Matter Knits discusses “what designers can learn from working in a yarn store” parts 1 & 2.
- Hand sizes from Fiber Dreams.
- Hat sizes from Tot Toppers.
- Want more? visit the resources page for the Budding Designers group on Ravelry