I’ve never participated in one of these Secret Pal things and it just sounded fun. So here’s the questionnaire we’re supposed to post/answer:
1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you?
Definitely a yarn snob — primarily natural fibers. Oh yeah, natural dyes are nifty. I would love to try some bamboo or similar.
2. Do you spin? Crochet?
Neither at this time.
3. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.)
Smoke, strong perfumes.
4. How long have you been knitting?
On & off for 20+ years. God, am I really that old?
5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
6. What’s your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
7. Do you have a sweet tooth?
Yes but I’m trying to lose weight!!!
8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?
Stained glass, mosaics, painting, soapmaking.
9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
Ooh — pretty eclectic. A sampling of my cd collection, in no particular: Dar Williams, Morphine, The Pogues, Mazzy Star, Yo La Tengo, Luna, Cowboy Junkies, Volebeats….
10. What’s your favorite color? Or–do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can’t stand?
Prefer more subtle colors. Not a big fan of baby colors/ pastels. Not a fan of neons or brights. Hmmm…. off whites, blues, greens, blue-ish purples.
11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
Married, 5 cats, 1 dog.
12. What are your life dreams? (really stretching it here, I know)
We’ll wait on this question.
13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?
Wools, mohairs, wool/angora blends, cashmere blends. I love the Starmore yarns — gorgeous colors. I’d love to try some of Fiesta’s silks.