The sweater is knit from the top down, with stitches picked up from the shoulder straps, fronts and back joined at the armholes, and the garment continued in one piece.
The sleeves are worked by picking up stitches along the armhole, working short rows for the cap shaping, then continuing in the round.
Waist shaping is easily modified, as decreases and increases occur in the seed stitch panels adjacent to the cabled panels. Waist shaping increases and decreases are worked in pattern to maintain the seed stitch pattern, adjacent to the first and last cables within the main chart.
Total length is also easily modified in the hem-to-armhole area by working longer prior to bust decreases, by working the waist longer, or by working longer after the hip increases.
Note that some charts are specific for each size or set of sizes (BACK and FRONT NECKLINES). The shoulder short rows are charted for each size.
All of the cable patterns for the main repeat are included as one chart for ease of reference. There are two main repeat charts depending on size: Size XS & Small Main chart and Size M, L, XL, 2X and 3x main chart. The Right and Left Saddle Strap Charts are the same for each size.
Carefully review the pattern before printing.
- Page 1 is the cover page, with a summary of sizes, gauge, yarn details, etc, as well as a photo of the front of the sweater.
- Pages 2-5 are the actual instructions.
- Page 6 shows a detail of the back, and Page 7 shows a detail of the sleeve.
- Page 8 includes two diagrams for reference.
- Page 9 is the sweater schematic.
- Charts are pages 10-19. You only need page 10; the page with your size for the back and shoulders; page 17 or 18 for your size; and page 19.
- Page 20 is abbreviations, and page 21 includes a short bio and additional pattern recommendations.
Women’s XS (S, M, L, XL, 2X, 3X)
To fit bust: 28 (32, 36, 40, 44, 48, 52) in / 71 (81.5, 91.5, 101.5, 112, 122, 132) cm with 3-4 in / 7.5-10 cm of ease
Bust: 31¾ (35¾, 39¾, 43¾, 47¾, 51¾, 55¾) in / 81 (91, 100.5, 111, 121, 131, 141.5) cm
Length: 19¾ (20¼, 20¾, 21¼, 21¾, 22¼, 22¾) in / 50.5 (51.5, 54, 55, 58, 59.5, 60) cm
Shown in size XL with no ease as an option!
See schematic for full measurements.
The Fibre Company Knightsbridge, 65% baby llama, 25% merino, 10% silk (120 yds / 110 m per 1.76oz / 50g), 8 (9, 10, 12, 13, 15, 16) skeins approx 1063 (1209, 1388, 1558, 1760, 1960, 2127)yds / 972 (1105, 1269, 1424, 1609, 1791, 1944) m, shown in Skyworth.
US5 / 3¾mm needles or size needed to obtain gauge
20 sts and 32 rows in 4in / 10cm in St st and seed stitch (seed stitch is more critical)
(4) stitch markers; waste yarn or stitch holders; cable needle; yarn needle
cabling, reading charts, picking up stitches, short row shaping