The girl’s trip to Sedona was fabulous. I’m planning an IgoUgo write-up (I go by StephCat).
I started Mom’s Angora on the flight to Phoenix. No problems getting through security with my bamboo circulars. The yarn is Anny Blatt 70% angora, 30% wool in Heron, a lovely gray lilac color. It’s VERY fluffy. Again, the pattern is the green angora blend sweater with the sewn on (faux) pearls from Nicky Epstein’s Knitting on the Edge. I’m going to make the neck scooped rather than mock-turtled.
CJ tagged me, so here goes:
Please list 5 things that you may or may not have done before that you would like to learn or try again. This may just get you to try them or give you some renewed interest!
1. Triathlon — I’m signed up for the Danskin tri for the Los Angeles area — it’ll be my first. I’d also like to do another marathon but faster than the previous two!
2. Woodworking — I’d love to learn some basic woodworking/ carpentry to make some patio furniture and some built-in bookcases.
3. Travel to Italy and other parts of Europe with my husband Dave. I lived in Germany in the early ’90s while in the Army and got to travel some. I loved traveling in Italy and would love to introduce Dave to Tuscany!
4. Writing — I really need to put some effort into my fiction, setting aside some time, even if only an hour, dedicated to writing.
5. Finish some of my stained glass projects, especially the lampshade for the office.